The nail is made of a hard protein called keratin. A protein is one of the building blocks which make up the body
The nail is made of a hard protein called keratin. A protein is one of the building blocks which make up the body. The nail care helps guard the ends of the fingers and toes from trauma and also help us pick up small objects.
Over the last hundred years, the nails have become more important for cosmetic reasons and less important for protection.
Manicuring is the care of the hands and nails. Basic manicuring should be done once a week. Every 4-6 weeks it is a good idea to seek the services of a professional manicure. A professional manicurist best knows how to keep your nails looking healthy and beautiful. Keeping your hands looking clean, feminine, and polished does not require weekly trips to the manicurist! Find easy nail care tips to get the perfect nails you have always wanted.
No need for grimy mitts. Just give your hands a scrub with mild soap and warm water before you go out, using a nailbrush to get the gunge out from under your nails. Oil on hands and under nails can be got rid of with a bit of cleansing agents.
If your nails go flaky and whitish or yellowish and separate slightly from the nail bed then it could be a nail fungus infection. Speak to your doctor, who can prescribe an anti-fungal paint to get rid of it. If you get hangnails or loose skin down the side of the nail, trim it off with sharp scissors to reduce the risk of the skin tearing or infections getting into the skin.
Nail Care Tips
- Wash hands with mild soap, using a nailbrush.
- Soak the hands in warm water for a few minutes to soften the cuticles.
- Very gently push back the cuticles if they are long and tattered.
- Trim the nails to the same length, cutting off any snaggy or spiky bits.
- File the ends of the nails to smooth them off.
- If your hands are dry, apply some hand cream
- Nail biting isn't exactly seductive, try anti-biting nail paint. Tastes absolutely disgusting, but will stop you putting your fingers in your mouth so often.