Everyone wants to put their best look forward, from head to toe. But, dull and dark skin can play spoiler to your otherwise perfect face.
So girls, if you are looking for some natural remedies to get your beautiful and radiant skin back, here is a solution. Try out some do-it-yourself facial packs made out of Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is great for every skin type. So, take a look at the various benefits of this ‘miracle’ plant and how you can include it in your beauty regime.
Benefits of aloe vera gel
The antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel helps to get rid of skin related problems like acne, pimples, dryness, blemishes, etc.
- Aloe vera helps in moisturising your skin, keeping it hydrated, rejuvenated and glowing.
- It helps in soothing pain, infections and inflammation. It is an excellent plant for treating eczema, cuts, insect bites, sunburns, etc.
- Aloe vera is also known for its anti-ageing properties. It helps in keeping wrinkles and age spots at bay.
- It is a rich source of natural antioxidants that are good for your overall health.
Extracting the gel at home
Here is the magic formula of extracting gel out of the aloe vera plant. Carefully select the leaves that are thick, juicy and wide. Once you take some leaves, extracting the gel is not a difficult task.
- Just cut the leaves from the base of the plant and hold the leaves upright. This would allow the sap to drain on its own. Once it drains out, wash the leaves.
- Now carefully cut the sides of the leaves that contain thorns.
- Then peel off the green layer from the leaves, and chop the transparent portion into dices. This is the aloe vera gel.
- You can also slice the leaves into two and scrape off the gel with spoon.
1. Face pack for tan removal
Tanning ruins your natural beauty and is not a pleasing sight. So, take some aloe vera gel and mix a few drops of lemon juice in it. Apply it evenly on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water, to see the glow it imparts on your skin.
2. Face pack for treating pigmentation
Pigmentations and freckles steal away your fairness. To get back to your spotless skin, make a mixture of aloe vera gel and rose water. Apply it on your face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Before rinsing off the pack, gently massage it for a few minutes. With this pack you can see pigmentation, age spots, and pimple marks disappearing.
3. Face pack for oily skin
Here comes an excellent rejuvenator for oily and greasy skin. Boil the aloe vera leaves in water and then grind it into a paste. But, make sure that you remove the thorns from the leaves before you boil them. Mix some honey in it. Apply the paste for 20 minutes before rinsing it off. It can work wonders for oily skin if followed every week.
4. Face pack for sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin, mix some aloe vera gel with cucumber juice, yoghurt, and rose oil. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Keep it on for 15 minutes. You can use any other essential oil, if rose oil is not available. Wash off the pack with cold water. It is an effective pack to get rid of skin rashes, impurities and dirt.
5. Face pack for dry skin
This face pack will quench your skin’s thirst for sure. Prepare a paste of aloe vera gel, cottage cheese, dates and cucumber. Add some lemon juice in it. This is a great home remedy for your dry and dull skin. Apply the paste on your face and neck, leaving it for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse it off to see a prettier you.
6. Face pack for detoxification
Here is a pack that will give your face a refreshing feel and visible radiance. Just blend some aloe vera gel with mango pulp and lime juice. Apply it on the face for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. This will refresh your skin and make it glow.
7. Face pack cum scrub for removing dead skin
Here is an effective scrub to get rid of your dead skin cells. Use this to brighten and enliven your skin. Mix aloe vera gel and cucumber dices into a thick paste. Add oatmeal to this. Apply this on your face, and scrub it in circular motions for 5 minutes. After that let the pack stay for 10 minutes. Wash it off to get rid of those harmful dead cells from your face.