How to take care of skin, hair and weight are among the most discussed topics everywhere. And, who better than Bollywood stars to take inspiration from?
Apart from your face, another place where signs of ageing are very evident, are your arms. Supple and firm arms give a young and fit look. Also, if you love to wear sleeveless or strapless outfits a lot, then you definitely would not want to be conscious about having flabby arms. If you are one of those who envy Bollywood divas for having the perfect arms, but never really know how to get them, you are on the right page! Here, we reveal the secrets behind well-toned, taut and sleeveless-friendly arms.
1. Triceps Kickbacks
This is the most-recommended and popular arm-shaping exercise, and quite easy to do.
- Pick a dumbbell weighing around 1-2 kg (or even a 1-2 litre water bottle).
- Stand with your feet parted, as wide as your shoulders.
- Bend forward, so that your back is parallel to the ground.
- Hold the dumbbells under your shoulder, just at the side of your chest.
- Suck-in your stomach and pull away the weight behind you, until your upper arm seems parallel to the ground.
- Slowly, bring the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- This is one complete repetition or “rep” as it is commonly called. Do three sets of 15 reps, three times a week to see results.
Best for: Shaping and toning shoulders and triceps, where the wobbly flab appears.
2. Shoulder Press
Another easy exercise and one of the most popular ones, shoulder press give great results when done right.
- Grab a pair of 1-2 kg dumbbells.
- Stand straight with your legs parted the same way as for triceps kickbacks.
- Hold each dumbbell in your arm with your palms facing front.
- Lift both arms at shoulder level, hold for 2-3 seconds, and then raise them above your head.
- Avoid giving jerks. Bring back to the shoulder level, and repeat.
- Do three sets of 15 reps, three times a week for best results.
3. Inverted Row
This is another exercise to tone-up flabby triceps and bulky shoulders. If done right and regularly, it guarantees great results.
- Lie down flat under a firmly positioned rod/bar. This is easily available in the gym. Else, you can use the bar below your bed, or tie a strong and thick nylon rope at two ends in your room. Just make sure that it is very strong and tightly tied.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees, keeping your feet on the floor.
- Hold the bar/rope, and lift yourself up slowly while breathing in, till your chest almost touches it.
- Slowly go back to the original position while breathing out.
- Do three sets of 15 reps, twice a week.
Best for: Shaping the biceps and triceps, along with the shoulders.