Grapefruit is surely a miracle fruit made by God as it has so many health benefits. Grapefruit is full of nutritional and good for many illnesses.
The ability for a single fruit to help in weight loss programs seems slightly far fetched and make-believe but the fact is that the grapefruit which is a humble fruit seems to have the properties to help in weight loss. With an elevated content of minerals and nutrients especially, vitamin C, the grapefruit is rich in fiber and carbohydrates. Grapefruit doesn’t only contain vitamin C which is usually known to be protective against cold or flu. It is not just one nutrient that helps prevent a certain disease, but rather the mixture of several ingredients in it that does the trick. This is the kind of nutritional control that we can find only in the way God makes our natural food.
This juicy fruit contains citric acid, natural sugars, and essential oils like limonene, pinene and citral. Grapefruit has high amounts of vitamin C, and smaller amounts of vitamin A, B complex, E and K. It also has large amounts of calcium; folic acid, phosphorus, and potassium.
Health Benefits of grapefruit, the miracle fruit, are:
- The rind of the grapefruit contains the highest amount of valuable bioflavonoid and other anti-cancer agents.
- Although grapefruit has a sub-acid taste, its juice actually has an alkaline reaction after digestion which has a profound effect in the treatment of acidity in the digestive system.
- Pectin in grapefruit has been found to be effectual in reducing the buildup of arterial deposits, and the vitamin C helps to strengthen and maintain the elasticity of arteries.
- The bioflavonoid found in grapefruit was discovered to even halt cancer cells from diffusion in breast cancer patients, by ridding the body of excess estrogen.
- A common cold is generally your body telling you that you are overworked. A habitual drink of grapefruit during a stressful period gives your immune system the boost needed to prevent it pending on.
- A certain compound found in grapefruit helps lessen the excessive production of cholesterol from the liver.
- A diabetic can securely eat a grapefruit. In fact, more consumption of grapefruit will help reduce the starches and sweets in the body. If you have a tendency towards diabetes, consume more grapefruit juice to avoid it.
- Grapefruit juice helps to promote digestion by increasing the flow of gastric juices in the body.
- At the end of a long and tiring day, drink a glass of grapefruit juice with lemon juice in equal parts with a little honey, to dispel all weariness and tiredness.
- Besides drinking plenty of fluids, also drink grapefruit juice to trim down fever.