Eating a low-calorie soup before the meal is said to reduce the total calorie intake for meal by 20%. So Soup is a must for weight-watchers. Moreover, what can be better than a bowl of hot soup when one is tired and exhausted or feeling sick? What’s more…it takes less than twenty minutes to make it.
Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
* 1/2 cup tender corn kernels boiled
* 1/2 cup sweet corn, grated
* Finely Chopped Carrots ½ cup
* Finely cut cabbage ½ cup
* 1 Spring Onion finely chopped
* 4 cups Vegetable stock
* 2 tablespoons corn flour mixed with ¼ cup water
* 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
* Salt to taste
* 1/2 tsp. Soya sauce
* 2 tbsp. Vinegar
To make this soup add vegetable stock, vegetables, salt and sugar, boiled corn kernels and grated corn in a vessal and bring to boil on medium heat. Once done add the corn flour mix in water and stir continuously allowing the soup to thicken a little. Add Soya sauce and Vinegar. Remove from stove and serve hot.