Poreless, luminous, and radiant skin, which is collectively called “glass skin,” is what every girl dreams of, and to achieve this type of skin texture, women do not mind layering multiple skincare products, whipping up homemade face packs, and spending money on expensive salon facials!
But there are certain beauty mistakes that can prevent you from looking flawless and gorgeous and in this post,
We are listing 12 of those beauty mistakes you didn’t know you were making, and some of them aren’t really skincare mistakes but they are so important for a flawless you!
1. Using Harsh Cleansers To Wash Face: When you use harsh cleansers to get rid of shine and grease, they disrupt the pH barrier of the skin, making it dry and stretchy, triggering more oil secretion. Pick a gentle cleanser or use this besan cleanser to clean and clear out all gunk, and to keep skin soft and supple.
2. Using Scrub Every Single Day: Don’t we all love that feeling of smooth skin after using scrub every single time? But using a physical scrub every single day is not a good idea because it would not only create micro-tears on the skin, the natural oils would also be ripped away, leaving the skin dry and lackluster. Exfoliate skin just once or twice a week for best results.
3. Sleeping on Cotton Pillows: If you are concerned about fine lines and wrinkles, you need to read this very carefully. Cotton pillows suck the moisture off your skin, leaving it dehydrated and dull.
In addition, if you sleep with the face pushed into the pillow, you need silk pillowcases urgently. The creases of other fabrics can give you premature wrinkles. Silk pillowcases are expensive, but they are helpful in keeping the skin wrinkle-free and supple.
4. Avoiding Moisturizer: If there’s one skincare rule you should live by – it’s to Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. No matter what your skin type, never skip a moisturizer; apply it right after you cleanse your face when the skin is still damp to lock in the moisture.
A well-moisturized face would always glow! Also, there’s a huge misconception that oily skin people can skip moisturizer because their face can get shiny too soon; on the contrary, a good moisturizer can prevent the face from going greasy. To help you guys out, here’s a list of “50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin.”
5. Overplucking Eyebrows: Very thin and or uneven brows will never frame the face, rule number one to look younger and glam is to frame the face with brows, if you have lighter brows then fill them in with pencil or powder and wax. Keep the brows thick, it looks ultra-glam.
6. Not Filling Eyebrows: Having well-groomed and properly-filled eyebrows is the key to looking chic and elegant every time. As we start to age, eyebrow growth slows down.
So, when you forget to line and fill in your eyebrows, it adds years to your face. Irrespective of the type of occasion, always flaunt well-groomed and defined eyebrows. Also, fill your eyebrows with an eyebrow product a shade lighter than your hair color. A darker eyebrow color would make you look older.
7. Applying Face Cream Around The Eyes: Keep your face cream and eye cream separate because the skin around the eyes is extremely delicate, use a cream formulated specifically for the thin and delicate skin around the eyes.
8. Not Washing Makeup Brushes and Sponges: If you want to avoid breakouts and zits, make sure you regularly clean your makeup brushes, beauty blender, and sponges. Unclean brushes and sponges are breeding ground bacteria and germs.
9. Not Applying Sunscreen on the Hands: Always remember to apply sunscreen on the hands because the hands are often the first place where signs of aging show up due to the harmful rays of the sun.
10. Not Checking Expiry Date of Skincare and Makeup: We often throw away the outer box of skincare and makeup products which carry the expiry date on them, and continue using them way beyond those dates.
Not only do products lose their effectiveness after their expiry date, but they might also even cause an adverse reaction. Always keep a track of all makeup and skincare products and avoid using them beyond their expiry date.
11. Having a Sweet Tooth: This point should have been right at the top of this list, but anyhoo, we would like you to know that sugar is probably the 1 enemy of your skin because they cause insulin spikes, causing inflammation of the skin which leads to premature aging, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want your skin to glow and look younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system.
12. Not Sleeping with a Clean Face: Not taking makeup off at night is throwing an open invitation to clogged pores, acne, and breakouts. Even if you are dead tired at the end of the day, make it a thumb rule to take down every bit of makeup (no makeup removal wipes please!) before hitting the bed, and your skin would thank you forever.
Avoid these beauty mistakes and look absolutely gorgeous within a few days.