Nadia Hussain’s Exclusive Interview with Fashion Central
Pakistan's Fashion Industry has so many shinning stars in it; one of those is Super Star Nadia Hussain. Nadia is no doubt a woman of excellence, as she is a complete lady.
1. Regarded as a shining star of the fashion industry, we hope you are enjoying the lime light?
YES!!! Being in the media industry really makes one enjoy being in the limelight and when it comes to something that is truly your own brand/product then it adds value to reason.
2. Super adjectives, like women of ‘excellence’, ‘complete’ lady are generously applied to you; how does it make you feel and can you share with us your performances which make people shower such compliments?
I always feel happy and honored when such compliments are given to me. It’s something that anyone would love to hear about themselves, but honestly I try to do my best as best as I can. I don’t spread myself too thin so that I can give time to everything around me including firstly my kids, husband and work too so maintaining a balance is the key.
3. Are you equally in love with your dentistry, profession? Is it more paying then modeling and acting?
I haven’t practiced my dentistry for more than 7 years now! But medical profession is something that can be very long lasting compared to being in the media industry so in a way it’s more paying than modeling or acting. It’s something to fall back on whenever bad times come.
4. Which PR company you used for your shoe exhibition and why?
I used Bilal Mukhtar PR & Events as my PR agency and the reason for it is that I truly feel that opportunities should be given to young blood. Who knows they might turn out to be better then bigwigs! And Bilal is also a very good friend of mine and when he offered me, I was more than willing to give him a chance.
5. How do you maintain your superb shape?
I control it with my diet and exercise. By control I mean I eat half a chapaati at meal times with my normal saalan. Besides, I never skip a meal and I exercise regularly. But it also depends on your metabolism reaction speed that varies from person to person and I have a good metabolism.
6. How big is your fan following?
I have no idea about that honestly. I don’t go into these things
7. Along the way, who have been your gurus and mentors?
It could be anybody, from my parents to teacher to seniors, who has taught me some valuable lessons, but there are none that I can name as such.
8. Any fan with a maddening urge to win you over.
There have been some young girls but it’s been all good
9. In your work, is the system supportive?
I think the system is not very supportive because here, there are not well-known modeling agencies where they will make your portfolio if you fit the bill and guarantee work like it is done abroad. In Pakistan girls boys have to find their own way around with their personal struggle and hard work.
10. Can you control anger and jealousy and dislike for your competitors?
I usually don’t get angry and as far as jealousy is concerned, I really don’t take new people coming into the industry as a threat to me so I think so far I’m good.
11. Modeling and fashion shoots, are they exhausting?
It depends on what kind of shoot it is. Sometimes yes, it is very exhausting but shows usually are not, rather they’re more fun.
12. Any message for your ‘mom’?
“You have been the wind beneath my wings!”
13. Any message for rest of your family?
For my Husband (Atif) “Thank you for being there with me through thick and thin. I guess that is the reason why wedding vows are done!”
14. Any innovative thing that you are proud of?