Kamiar Rokni's Collection at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2010
Held on Feb 16th, 2010 | Comments (0)
PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2010
Designer: Kamiar Rokni
The Kamiar Rokni fashion label showcased both Prêt a Porter and Haute Couture collections entitled ‘East, West, North, South’ a name illustrative of both their national and global influences.
“Fashion celebrates life. It is an expression of our cultural, personal and artistic identity. A great outfit is a leap of the imagination, an adventure and it has the power to transform us and the world we live in.”
The Kamiar Rokni fashion label showcased both Prêt a Porter and Haute Couture collections entitled ‘East, West, North, South’ a name illustrative of both their national and global influences. Indeed it is an organic extension of the label’s ‘folkcentric’ aesthetic which stormed the catwalks in 2009. For East, West, North, South, the house of Kamiar Rokni has focused on indigenous fabrics and embellishments inspired by traditional techniques. This collection will feature a versatile range of ready to wear; from kaftans to billowing tunics, jackets and statement pieces. The fashion house has revealed an emphasis on tailoring details and silhouette with an overall aesthetic lending itself to simplicity and a simple lack of fuss. Indeed Kamiar Rokni’s collection will mark a departure from their signature burst of vibrant colour; this collection’s colour palette is more controlled and one can expect a diversity of fabrics including cotton based wear to satin and velvet. The label inspires to showcase a collection that is simultaneously elegant, timeless and relevant all at once. Kamiar Rokni’s major inspirations for this collection lie with an exposure to the world in which we live and the myriad hues it has to offer from all four corners of the globe. The label is constantly inspired by craft, textile and ethnicity and the latest collection encompasses all of these elements in a minimal modern manner.
The house of Kamiar Rokni has received an overwhelming response from a trusted clientele with the team now designing for clients in places as diverse as Italy, Holland, USA, England, France, Canada, Dubai and Greece to name just a few. The luxury label’s Prêt a Porter and Haute Couture collections hit the runways in Karachi and Lahore, Pakistan last year to critical acclaim. In 2008, the label had the much coveted honour of having been nominated for Pakistan’s biggest style awards, The Lux Style Awards in the best Prêt wear category. Kamiar himself is an international award winning designer having received an award in Japan at the Makuhari Grand Prix design competition. The fashion house was also nominated as best Couture Designer at the Lux Style Awards in 2009. In March 2010, Kamiar Rokni will be showcasing their Autumn/Winter collection at Paris Fashion Week.
All Collections & Reviewsselect a collection
- Kamiar Rokni “Heritage” Collection at PFDC L’Oréal Paris Bridal Week 2016
- The House of Kamiar Rokni Collection at LFW 16
- House of Kamiar Rokni 'ALCHEMY' Collection at PFDC L'Oréal Paris Bridal Week
- House of Kamiar Rokni at PFDC L’Oreal Paris Bridal Week 2013 Day 3
- Kamiar Rokni at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2012 Day 4
- Kamiar Rokni at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2012 Karachi Day 4
- Kamiar Rokni Collection at Islamabad Fashion Week 2011
- The House of Kamiar Rokni's Collection at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2010 Karachi
- Kamiar Rokni at Fashion Pakistan Week 2010
- Kamiar Rokni's Collection at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2010
- Hot Couture by Kamiar Rokni
- Kamiar Rokni Couture 2007
- Kamiar Rokni show at Ensemble May 2008
- Kamiar Rokni Designer Wear Sketches 2007
- Kamiar's Collection at PFDC Show 2008