Many people consider using liposuction to get rid of unwanted fat from the body which they are unable to remove with exercise. But it is highly important to go through all the details before deciding to get any kind of surgery.
Before starting on the details of liposuction, let me tell what liposuction really is. Liposuction which is also known as lipoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure or should I say a slimming technique which removes deposits of unwanted fats from the body, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body which results in enhancing and improving your self-image and body.
There are several types of liposuction methods available like lasers or ultrasounds which are used to melt the unwanted fat to make the procedure much easier which causes less skin damage but a cannula and a suctioning device are employed in all of the liposuction methods.
Do keep in mind that liposuction surgery is not a replacement for exercise or a treatment for obesity, it is used to remove those stubborn fat deposits which we are unable to get rid of with our daily exercise routine.
Now time to tell you the positive and negative aspects of the liposuction surgery which you need to go through before deciding to for it or not. First I will tell you the pros of the liposuction surgery then comes the cons.
Pros of Liposuction:
- With liposuction, you can get rid of those fat cells for good and your body will never have those extra fat cells which will make it much easier to improve your body.
- Some liposuction procedures such as cool lipo and smart lipo have skin tightening effects.
- It can be applied on various areas of the body.
- It saves the time and effort of the person who is going for liposuction surgery.
- After going through liposuction surgery, the patient can move freely however if a large amount of fat is removed then 1 or 2 day’s bed rest is highly advised.
- It is a very popular and a safe procedure to remove excess fat from the body.
- The results of the liposuction surgery are soon visible as soon as the swelling goes down or it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the results to get visible.
- With this you may also be able to successfully remove the risks of having heart problems such as heart attack.
- The dieses which are often related to obesity such as high blood pressure, joint pain or diabetes will improve.
- Having those unwanted fat deposits removed will make you feel good and confident about yourself resulting in a much better lifestyle.
Cons of Liposuction:
- The very first disadvantage of liposuction is that it does require 2 to 3 weeks fir the results of the surgery to be available however in some cases it may take up to 6 months to a year.
- There is a major risk of you experiencing blood clots.
- There are side effects of any surgical procedure including liposuction also. You may experience vomiting as liposuction’s side effect.
- Liposuction may cause scarring after going through the procedure. It is possible that these scars will remain on your body even after months after being done with liposuction.
- The stitches that you will receive after the surgery are not going to be the one which dissolves. The stitches will be of that type which you will have to go and get them removed after a week or so.
- Right after the liposuction process, you may not be able to feel good and may experience bruising and swelling.
- You may experience some nutritional deficiencies which may cause anemia.
- Another notable disadvantage will be the cost of the surgery. Exercise takes time but it is cheaper than liposuction.
- After having the liposuction procedure done, you may also feel numbness, limited mobility or allergic reactions.
These were some of the pros and cons of liposuction procedure. Be sure to go through every detail even the smallest one before deciding to go for liposuction because remember what you want to do is make yourself look better and feel better. You definitely don’t want to regret your actions afterwards.