The night of fun and frolic, Lux Style Awards 2012 was more than just an award ceremony, acknowledging the talent of all Pakistanis in their respective fields. The spell bounding evening of LSA 2012 held at Expo Center Karachi with an environment friendly green carpet instead of red carpet to walk on.
An array of sparkling stars, fashionistas, celebutants, and socialites stepped at the green carpet of Lux Style Awards 2012 dressed in variety of designer outfits, accessories, and footwear with awe-inspiring makeup and hair styles. Celebrities stopped a while during their walk at green carpet and posed for pictures. Most of them were wearing formal dresses in golden, black and white being the dominant hues.
Ahmad Ali Butt’s Fun-Filled LSA Song
The magical evening of Lux Style Awards 2012 moved on with Ahmad Ali Butt’s fun-filled LSA song:
LSA let’s celebrate, LSA just love don’t hate, LSA it’s all okay, LSA everybody
Veena Malik ko koi kapre pehnwa de – Meera ka koi husband dilwa de
Resham ko koi film karwa de – Shaan ko Sahir Lodhi se milwaa de
Faisal, Humayun, Aijaz khush nahin hain – Un ki dramon ki rating ghat rahi hai
Commercial bhi ab in kay nahin hai – Jab se Afridi ne acting shoroo ki hai
Sari actresses kitne pyaari lag rahi hain – Under se ek doosre se jal rahi hai
In ko lage yeh award in ka hi hai – In ko maloom nahin ke Bushra yahin hain
Sheroo, Nomi, Nabila, Deepak yahin hain – In ko invitation Frieha ne ne di hai
Aur woh designer jo keh yahan pe nahin hain – Samjho un ke Facebook pe Frieha nahin hai
Meera Sings At Lux Style Awards 2012
However, the ridicule caught the more spirit when Meera got into the round of Antakshari initiated by Humaima Malik and Ahmed Ali Butt. As usual, playing up with her singing skills, Meera sang a song with “La la la” and “Har Kisi Ko Nahin”, however she was to sing with ‘r’ as the ending syllable.
Dynamic Dance Performances At Lux Style Awards 2012
The award giving ceremony went on by awarding the deserving ones in the categories they were nominated but it became more and more exciting with the dynamic dance performances and the fashion shows presented to make the Lux Style Awards 2012 a wonderful night to remember. A group of celebrities such as Ahmad Jahanzeb, Ahsan Khan, Mathira, Meera, Faisal Qureshi and Sana performed a medley to pay the tribute to Ahmed Rushdie’s classics like “Yeh Aada, Yeh Naz, Yeh Andaz Aap Ka”, “Socha Tha Pyar Na Kerain Gaay” and “Ko Ko Korina”. Mathira made the performance more eye-popping by shaking torso in her naughty style.
Ali Zafar presented a mind-blowing tribute to the late gazal maestro Mehdi Hassan by singing “Mujhay Tum Nazr Say Girah Tou Rahay Ho”. He then danced on songs “Jhoom” and “Madhubala” with the ‘Bol’ starlet Humaima Malik.
Fashion Shows At Lux Style Awards 2012
After a round of vibrant dance performances, fashion designers Ali Xeeshan, Akif Mehmood and Fahad Hussayn showcased their latest fashion collections at the stage.
The Winners of Lux Style Awards 2012
The winners were called on the stage to present their Lux Style Award 2012 and to applaud their work.
The winners list of Lux Style Awards 2012 includes:
1. Best Film: Bol by Shoaib Mansoor
2. Best Film Actor: Manzar Sehbai for Bol
3. Best Film Actress: Humaima Malik for Bol
4. Best TV Actor (Terrestrial): Noman Ejaz for ”Aao Kahani Buntay Hain” (PTV)
5. Best TV Actress (Terrestrial): Sanam Baloch for “Sehra Teri Pyaas”(PTV)
6. Best TV Serial (Terrestrial): “Tera Pyar Nahi Bhoolay” (PTV)
7. Best TV Actor (Satellite): Faisal Qureshi for “Rog” (ARY)
8. Best TV Actress (Satellite): Savera Nadeem for “Qaid-e-Tanhai” (Hum TV)
9. Best TV Serial (Satellite): “Mera Saeen” (ARY)
10. Best TV Writer (All Channels): Sameera Fazal for “Mera Naseeb” (Hum TV)
11. Best TV Director (All Channels): Sarmad Khoosat for “Paani Jaisa Pyar” (Hum TV)
12. Best Music Album: “Jhoom” by Ali Zafar
13. Best Song of the Year: “Woh Humsafar Tha” by Quratul Ain Baloch
14. Best Original Soundtrack: “Woh Humsafar Tha”
15. Best Music Video Director: Adnan Malik for “Mera Bichra Yaar” (Zoe Viccaji & Strings)
16. Best Emerging Talent: Bambu Sauce
17. Model of the Year (Female): Cybil Chowdhry
18. Model of the Year (Male): Abbas Jafri
19. Best Emerging Talent in Fashion: Zaheer Abbas (designer)
20. Best Fashion Photographer: Rizwanul Haq
21. Best Hair and Make-up Artist: Nabila at N-Pro
22. Achievement in Fashion Design-Pret: Kamiar Rokni
23. Achievement in Fashion Design-Luxury Pret: Sania Maskatiya
24. Achievement in Fashion Design-Lawn: Sana Safinaz
25. Best High Street Brand: Khaadi
26. Best Menswear Designer: Omar Farooq @ Republic
27. Best Dressed Red Carpet Female: Sanam Chaudhry
28. Best Dressed Red Carpet Male: Umair Tabani
29. Special Appreciation Award: Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy
30. Lifetime Achievement Award: Ahmed Rushdie
31. Lifetime Achievement Award: Faiza Samee
Conflicts and Excitements At Lux Style Awards 2012
All these people took the Pakistani Oscar to their homes. Anyhow, Manzar Sehbai, the winner of Lux Style Award 2012 for Best Actor for film Bol, got annoyed on not being invited to the award giving ceremony by the organizers. His award was received by Mahira Khan on his behalf, as being the cast member of the film Bol.
The Academy Award winner Pakistani documentary filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy was too happy on receiving her Lux Style Award.
Well! The loud laughs in the air, a new resolution in eyes and big splash of smiles on faces-were all to end up this glittery night of Lux Style Awards 2012.
|« Jul||Sep »|