Cucumber is a great folk medicine used to reduce heat. It can be eaten raw, pickled or used in cuisines. Cucumber is popular among women because it is normally used to help treat tired eyes.
Cucumber is a fruit from the same family as pumpkin, zucchini and other squashes. Cucumber has a dark green rind and white succulent flesh. There are 2 types of cucumbers the pickling varieties and the slicing varieties. Cucumber is a very edible fruit which comes from the cucumber plant cucumis sativus. Cucumber is being used for different purpose as it can be eaten raw or cooked. With so many health benefits Cucumber becomes one of the most important parts of food diet as well as skin diet.
It is believed that cucumber helps in dropping swelling around the eyes or the big dark circles under your eyes. Cucumbers are the most wonderful and natural eye pads you can find. The puffiness and the tiredness in your eyes may just leave you, if you use Cucumber. If you want a contented skin, then cucumber is the answer. As cucumber and the skin share the same level of hydrogen, it becomes easier for cucumber to mask all the troubled areas. Cucumber helps in soothing and softening your skin which can get you relaxed in no time.
Cucumber has become part of daily beauty product like face packs, facials, juice and many other things which can affect your skin. Due to Cucumber’s cooling effect it can be termed as a magic wand for all your skin problems. The cleaning and cleansing property of the Cucumber helps your skin tremendously making it soft and supple. The regular intake of cucumber juice has a lot of health benefits.
Health Benefits of a Cucumber:
- Cucumber is best natural diuretic known.
- Cucumber helps in kidney and urinary bladder disease.
- Liver disease can be prevented by cucumber.
- Cucumber prevent Pancreatic disease
- The potassium in cucumber makes it highly useful for conditions of high and low blood pressure.
- Cucumber has the enzyme that helps to digest protein.
- The high silicon and sulphur in cucumber is said to promote the growth of hair, especially when the juice of the cucumber is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach.
- A mixture of cucumber juice with carrot juice is said to be beneficial for rheumatic conditions.
- Cucumber juice is also valuable for helping diseases of the teeth, gums.
- The high mineral content of Cucumber also helps to prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
- Cucumber, radish and bitter gourd are valuable in diabetes.