And you thought colors were merely to soothe your eyes and fascinate you? Well, that is true. But, still it has other benefits as well. Colors have various health benefits and healing effects vividly seen and tested. Psychologists believe that colors cause a stunning influence on individuals psychologically. Many physicians have successfully used colors to treat their patients.
So, comes the question in front of us: How do colors influence health?
• It has been observed that colored liquids, multihued clothes, sparkling gem stones, and light have been used for treatments of many. Gem stones have been associated with effecting ones health. People choose jewelry of specific color stones for the purpose of perking up their health. Light is believed to cause soothing effects. For example, soft colors such as blue and green have been reported to reduce headaches and bring soothing effects to mind, soul and body. Also, these colors are used in treatment of anger and frustration. A radiant colored light can make you feel more jovial and in high spirits. Bright red and orange cheers up depressed people. On happy or cheerful events, people use bright red and yellow lights which clearly specify an atmosphere of happiness and pleasure.
• In Ayurveda, practitioners make use of colored light and fabric to restore energy imbalances. Loss of energy in us is also a reason for certain health problems.
• During a spa treatment, the body is carefully covered in a specific color for recovering health and lost energy.
• Colors can also be beneficial in your diet. Fruits and vegetables of different colors cause a positive effect on health. These colored edibles are seen to be rich in disease-fighting compounds such as phytonutrients. The red color in tomato reduces the threat of various heart diseases. The yellow found in corn guards you against muscular deterioration, which otherwise, causes blindness. Likewise, there are numerous other colored fruits and vegetables which cause a positive effect on health
• Also, it is worth taking that colored fruits and vegetables preserve antioxidants in them which lessens the cellular damage and thwarts the coagulation of the arteries which may result in a serious heart disease, stroke or even memory loss.
• Quite interestingly, yellow and orange colored sweet potatoes, mango pumpkin, melon corn etc include carotenoids, which decrease the threat of developing cancer.
• Green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach contain large quantities of lutein, meant to be good for vision.
After reading this article, you would have quite information added to your already available library of knowledge. One can go in for color that suits one’s health.
Get benefits of nature and experience the wonders of a healthy life!
All the latest industry spas and spoiling products.
Beauty's in the bag and accessories. Find the newest styles, designs.
Electronics and Gadgets Trends. Find the latest selection of mobile phones, digital cameras and mp3 players.
|« Mar||May »|