Keep yourself fresh with amazing home spa treatments, let see how!
After a hot summer day filled with work and excruciating fatigue, the best way to lay off that heat is to treat yourself with a nice, comforting spa treatment and what better way to do it than over the weekend in your own comforting house. It is always essential to treat your skin with some DIY spa treatments this summer to avoid dull looking, dark coarse skin. So give yourself a day off and relax over these skin treatments that can do wonders to your skin so that you look fresher and can flaunt the glow on your skin later in the day:
PAPAYA SKIN TREATMENT:
This summer, exfoliate your skin with the goodness of papaya and get a gleaming glow on your skin.
• Wash face thoroughly.
• Bring large pot of water to a boil.
• While water is boiling, mash 1/2 of a papaya into a paste.
• Move pot off the stove and place face over steam, holding a bath towel over your head. Adjust to be sure skin is at a comfortable temperature.
• Steam face for 5-8 minutes.
• Apply papaya mixture on the skin, carefully avoiding the eye area.
• Lie down and make yourself comfortable for 5-10 minutes.
• When you feel fully rejuvenated, rinse your face and apply moisturizer for a radiant complexion.
APPLE PIE SKIN TREATMENT:
Apples are filled with nutrition containing potassium and vitamins A and C. Apples also contain malic acid in them, an exfoliating enzyme that is heldpful for removing dead skin cells and surface dirt.
To make the apple scrub you will need:
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh apple puree or apple sauce
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix all ingredients and stir well. While washing up, apply scrub to skin in a circular motion, using a washcloth, bath gloves, or a loofah sponge. Pay special attention to rough spots like elbows, heels, and knees. Rinse well, and follow with a rich body lotion.
SKIN-REVITALIZING ORANGE PEEL:
Oranges, apart from being refreshing, are a significant source of vitamin C which is known to be beneficial to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. This skin peel coupled with egg yolk and honey is a great way to remove dead skin and reduce wrinkles.
To make the peel you will need:
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tsp honey
• 1/8 cup fresh citrus (lemon, orange or lime) juice
• 1 packet plain gelatin
Mix together thoroughly, and apply to skin for 20 to 25 minutes.