Here is how you can control your curly frizzy hair and can keep them healthy.
Curly hair reflects elements like coarseness and a touch of unruliness. They are also frizzy. The need is that they should not be that way. And in this regard the most fortunate thing is that with proper care, curly hair can be made soft, shiny, and beautiful.
Here in this article, the various ways to tame the unruly appearance of curly hair and transform them into soft, sleek curls are highlighted. It is essential to keep in mind that all treatments will not work for everyone and it is important to do some experimenting before arriving at the right solution.
1. Select the shampoo and conditioner that is most appropriate for curly hair. Opt for products that are made specifically for curly hair. These products have extra nutrients which make curly hair look smooth, soft, and healthy. Also make a note of the following.
- Moisturizing or hydrating shampoos/conditioners add moisture back into your hair, making it look less frizzy and dry.
- Oils and butters, such as avocado oil and shea butter, also add moisture back into you.
- Protein serve to make the hair healthy, shiny, and strong and reduce frizz.
2. It is necessary to avoid using products that contain silicones, sulfates, and parabens. These must be totally avoided.
3. There is also a need to stay clear of styling products with alcohol in them. Alcohol can make curly hair feel dry, and dry hair tends to look frizzy. Hairsprays, gels, and mousses all contain alcohol. Focus on the ingredient label before buying. any of these types of products.
4. Do not resort to daily hair washing. In this connection make it a practice to wash your hair two to three times in a week. In case you have very dry hair, once a week washing is enough.
5. In the course of shampoo application, just work your way down. Ends of the hair should remain free of shampoo as they are fragile.
6. The hair should be dried by exposure to air and without using a towel. Try to let your hair air dry, and avoid using a towel.
7. Make use of a diffuser or hooded dryer to dry the hair. At times Heat can damage curly hair and give it frizzy look. Ensure that the heat is not intense to avoid tangles. Also make sure that you spray the hair down with a heat protected spray. Thereafter use a diffuser.