Posted on Oct 7th, 2008 | Comments (1)
Whether it's long, short, straight, or curly, your body hair is important. It protects skin from dirt and germs, provides stifling for your sensitive parts, lessens the friction between skin and clothes, and holds in heat to keep you warm when you need it, which leads to more illuminating clothes. Body hair even helps provide a delicate dating service by retaining your unique personal scent - conveyed by chemicals called pheromones - which helps a potential mate become attracted to you.
Sometime after puberty, your body starts developing hair in places that were probably baby smooth just a few short months before: around your genitals, under your arms, on your legs, and (for guys) on your face and neck. Many guys find it exciting to start growing body and facial hair. It's a sign that they're changing from boys to men. Some people choose to keep their new hair - they like how it looks, their partner prefers it, or they leave it for religious reasons, among others. But other people prefer to bleach, trim, or completely remove hair from some parts of their bodies.
No matter what you decide, you've got plenty of options for dealing with your own body hair. We've compiled a list with pros and cons for each choice. If you know the facts making this personal decision won't be so hairy!
- Leave it.This is the easiest option of all - just sit back, and let it grow! You get all the benefits of having the hair, and you don't have to spend time or money trying to get rid of it. However, some people find that armpit hair can encourage the growth of bacteria there, leading to body.
- Bleach or dissolve it. Chemical bleaches lighten hair so it's hard to see. Depilatories dissolve hair so it washes away. Both are good for places not only where you'd rather not have hair, but also where hair removal is difficult (for example, the upper lip or lower back). Both are easy to apply but can irritate sensitive skin. They're available at any drugstore, but they aren't cheap.
- Shave it. Shaving hair is inexpensive and easy. The downside is that you're scraping a very sharp blade across delicate skin - be careful, or you could be in for some serious cuts.
- Pluck or wax it. Pulling hair out by the roots leaves you smoother longer - it can take weeks for hair to grow back. However, it can also be painful, and some hairs can come back ingrown (growing beneath the skin).
- Shock it. Electrolysis removes hair by killing its roots with an electrical current. It's permanent - once the hair is killed, it never grows back. However, electrolysis can be painful, and sometimes leads to blemishing. It can also be expensive. Because each hair has to be shocked individually, some areas of the body can take several hours to treat!
- Zap it. Laser hair removal is also permanent. Because whole parts of the body can be treated at once, it's much quicker than electrolysis. Pain is minimal, and skin heals quickly. However, according to dermatologists not all lasers can be used on everyone. Treatments are costly. Most people need two-to-six sessions to completely remove hair.
can you please give some herbal tips for removing hair from the unwanted place, especially the delicate places, and can it be done by herbal way forever? Please give some good article on it by some good Herbal expert
Ramadan is the month of countless blessings, joy and to rejuvenate your inner beauty.
Well people, are you worried about managing your combination skin? If yes then we will tell you what...
You can make your complexion clean and clear as much as you can while staying at your home.
Sneakers are out of fashion. So are shoelaces. Polka dots and animal prints are this season's rage.
Antiperspirants work by clogging, closing, or blocking the pores with powerful astringents -- such as...
Every day you wake up and start the same routine and the ending goal is to be attractive - maybe more...
In Pakistan, there is no greater event in a family than a wedding. Pakistani wedding dresses can range...
Some of us underestimate the power of the purse,it underscores your look and highlights the curves of...
For a glamorous look, you want to focus on making your eyes amazing
All the latest industry spas and spoiling products.
Beauty's in the bag and accessories. Find the newest styles, designs.
Electronics and Gadgets Trends. Find the latest selection of mobile phones, digital cameras and mp3 players.