Winter Hair Care
With winter just around the corner, it is high time we indulged in some basic hair care tips for the chilly and nippy season so that you should be prepared for all the bitter winds and bracing cold that the season has to offer. It goes without saying that the winter weather wreaks havoc on your hair and one can never be too prepared for the gloomy and dismal state our hair fall into during this season. Hair tends to be dry, dull and brittle during this season and proper measures need to be taken to ensure safe and dry-free hair.
Below are a few pointers that will help you maintain good healthy happy hair during the freezing season ahead of us:
- One basic guide to healthy hair during winters: condition, condition, condition! Cold and dry weather saps moisture out of hair so an effective way of maintaining moisture is to use an effective hair conditioner.
- A definite no-no during winters is the use of heating appliances such as blow-dryers, straightening irons and curling rods. The use of these appliances dries hair more.
- To avoid your hair being exposed to the sun, try covering it up every time you go outside. Sun can be as damaging in winters as it is in summers so be sure to cover your hair with a scarf, hat or cap every time you go out.
- Avoid washing your hair with excessively hot water. It will result in further drying your hair. Instead wash your hair with cold or warm water for shiny smooth hair all year round.
- Avoid shampooing too often. In winter the scalp as well as the hair dry easily and shampooing it too often might worsen the situation.
- A leave-in conditioner is the most effective for dry, brittle hair during this season. If not, try conditioning your hair on a daily basis.
- Try using Hair products with the word "Replenish" written on it, as they are meant to provide moisture to your hair.
- Also, don’t leave your hair loose much often. Try up-do’s this winter as much as you can in order to avoid damaging hair strands.
- One last thing not to forget during the winters is to massage the scalp and hair with oil. Oiling hair friendly herbs make the hair look shinier and sleeker.