Cosmetics tryout and skin problems go hand in hand. I’m sure, cosmetics at the mall counter tends to be a very enticing sight and a cosmetic addict would find it very hard to control herself from trying it, but, you should keep in mind is that you’re not the only shopper; in fact, consider the numerous dangers you’re exposed to when you tend to try on the products. Apart from you hundred others tried that very thing on their skin. You are quite likely to attract skin related infections, bacteria and viruses.
- Alcohol is known to purify any component. So before you move on to applying that lipstick, ask the SA to clean the tester by wiping it with an alcohol based astringent. However, be prepared for a “I’m sorry ma’am, we do not have one”, and keep one swab with yourself and wipe of that tester before application and keep all skin problems at a distance.
- If you’re prone to trying out cosmetics then always carry your own brushes for blush and eye shadows. The brushes that are placed with sample products are used on a variety of skin, clean or unclean and they can contaminate you with all kinds of skin problems.
- You can very well prevent using colour testers on your skin but when it comes to foundation, it can be quite impossible to buy one without testing. Here’s what you should do; walk up to your SA and ask her if you could be provided with a sample sachet so that you may try it out.
- You can also shop during hours when you’re sure that the SA will not have to deal with too many customers and will even squeeze in time to clean out the testers when you request her to do so. Simply avoid shopping over the weekends. This will save your skin from going through the entire trauma.
- Skin problems can mostly be prevented by refraining yourself from using open products; they’re known to harbour most bacteria.
Trying them you will save you from numerous skin problems. So whenever you’re on your next cosmetic shopping spree make sure you’re equipped with them.